We are committed to protecting your privacy and securing your personal information.
Our privacy and security policy explains what we collect and how we collect, use and protect your information.
We only collect, store and share the information that is necessary to process your individual enquiry, booking or information request. We delete or anonymise your personal information when we no longer require it.
- Who we are
- The information we collect
- How we collect the information
- Why we collect the information
- How the information will be used
- Who the information will be shared with
- How long we will keep the information
- Transferring the information outside the UK & Europe
- Your rights
- Site security
- Changes to our privacy and security policy
- Other sites
- Questions or Concerns
Who we are
We are Your Personal France Ltd, 75 Plantation Drive, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 5SG, who is the ‘data controller’ for the information in this policy. That means we’re responsible for deciding how we use your information.
The information we collect
Depending upon the nature of your enquiry or booking we may collect some or all of the following:
- Your name.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Payment address details.
- Your IP address.
- Your browser details
- Which website you came from.
- Your height, weight & shoe size if hiring certain equipment.
- Any medical conditions of which we need to be aware. *
Minors: Our website is not for use by anyone under the age of 16 years. We do not set up an account for children.
If you have children, then we may collect the following information from you to ensure that correct pricing is applied, accommodations are suitable and any activities and equipment can be tailored to your children. Any information we collect is held against your account.
- Your children’s names.
- Your children’s ages or dates of birth.
- Your children’s height, weight & shoe size if hiring certain equipment.
- Any of your children’s medical conditions of which we need to be aware. *
* We require your explicit consent to collect and store information regarding medical conditions.
In addition, payment service providers will collect on our behalf:
- Credit/debit card details.
How we collect the information
We collect information about you from different places, including:
- Directly from you, when you fill in a form on our website, email us, or contact us via any other means.
- From a third party acting on your behalf. eg. Your travel agent.
- From our payment service providers when you make a payment for a booking.
- Information from your browser.
Why we collect the information
We collect information from you for different reasons, including:
- To process your enquiry, booking or information request.
- To improve our products and services.
- To prevent fraud or misuse of our website.
- To allow us to send you marketing material, where you have given your consent.
How the information will be used
We will only use your information where we are allowed to by law. For example:
- If you have made a booking enquiry with us, we will use your information to provide a quote for that booking, and to process the booking if you decide to proceed.
- If you have made a booking with us we will add your information to a user account so we may view all of your bookings and enquiries together.
- If you have given consent to us, we may send occasional direct marketing material to you. To do this we will add your information to a user account.
Who the information will be shared with
We will not share your information with anyone for marketing purposes. We will not sell your information.
If you have made a booking or enquiry with us we may share some of your information with other companies who we use to fulfil your booking or enquiry. These companies act as their own data controller. These companies include:
- Our Suppliers; Accommodation, guides, activity providers or other services which you have booked or enquired on.
- your name.
- email address.
- telephone number.
- your height, weight & shoe size if hiring certain equipment.
- any medical conditions of which we need to be aware. *
- your children’s names.
- your children’s ages or dates of birth.
- your children’s height, weight & shoe size if hiring certain equipment.
- any of your children’s medical conditions of which we need to be aware. *
- * We require your explicit consent to share information regarding medical conditions.
When paying for a booking we may pass some information to a payment service provider, before providing a form or a link to a webpage for you to complete your payment with the payment service provider. They will directly collect your payment details and are the data controllers for this information.
The payment service provider will be:
- Your name & email address.
We have access to some information that the payment service provider collects from you. This may include, but is not limited to, the name you used to process your payment and your card type. We may also receive third party fraud checking information. We do not have access to your full card details.
We may pass your information to other companies that provide business services to our company. These companies act as a data processor for us. These include:
- Hetzner, a web hosting provider.
- All data.
- Xero, an accounting service provider.
- Your name.
- Mailchimp, a mail service provider.
- Your name & email address. Only if you have given us consent to send you direct marketing.
- HubSpot, a mail service provider.
- Your name & email address. Only if you have given us consent to send you direct marketing.
- Tidio, a live chat service provider.
- Any information that you enter during a live chat on our website.
- The following may be collected by Tidio only if you use the live chat service on our website: Information about the device you are using including information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information and device identifiers. Tidio may have access to your geo-location data and process IP address of any device you use.
We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us, or their sub-processors with which they have a contract with terms that offer an equivalent level of protection for the personal data as those in the contract between the processor and us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
If our business becomes involved in a business merger, business sale, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganisation, dissolution or other similar transaction, we may share or transfer your information in connection with such transaction.
How long we will keep the information
We will keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. After it ends we will keep it where we may need it for our legitimate business purposes, for example to help us respond to queries or complaints, for accounting purposes or as otherwise required by legislation.
If you have made a booking with us, or have given consent to receive direct mail, then we have created a user account for you. The user account will remain active, and you will be considered to have a relationship with us, unless you instruct us to close it.
If you have made an enquiry, but never booked with us or given consent for direct mail, then you do not have an account. We will delete your personal information from the enquiry record 12 months after the departure date of the enquiry.
Transferring the information outside the UK & Europe
If we intend to transfer your information outside the UK, the EEA (European Economic Area), or countries considered to have adequate data protections by either the UK or the EU, we will always obtain your consent first.
- You can ask us to provide a copy of all the personal information that we hold about you.
- You can ask us to change or correct any personal data that is inaccurate or out of date.
- You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information. For example, if you believe we have no legal right to keep using it, or if you believe it is inaccurate.
- You can ask us to delete all or some of your personal information.
We will respond to any request within one month. If we are not able to comply with your request, we will provide an explanation. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
All of our website is sent to you over an encrypted SSL / TLS connection. This is indicated by a padlock next to the web-address in your browser or by the URL starting with ‘https’ instead of ‘http’. All information sent to our website by you is also protected in the same way.
Information entered into our ‘Contact Us’ form, or ‘Enquiry’ form may be sent from our website via email. As the security of email cannot be guaranteed, you must not enter sensitive information into any form on our website except for payment forms, or a secure-message form if directed to do so.
The online secure payment system is hosted by our payment service providers; Stripe.
Customer credit card details are not held on our servers. We and our payment service providers are regularly assessed and meet the requirements for PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
We use technology to enable on-line reservations & to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This includes using cookies which would be stored by your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening, although if you do this you will not be able to use the on-line booking procedure. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. We do not share this data with anyone.
In addition to our own technologies, we also measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
We will never send you unsolicited email or other correspondence. Only those people who opt in to our mailing list using a ‘register’ link or the ‘opt-in’ checkbox on an enquiry form or contact-us form will receive mailings and other information that we feel may be of interest. All newsletters or promotional emails contain a link for an immediate unsubscribe.
Changes to our privacy and security policy
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
Questions or Concerns
We welcome any questions or comments about privacy or security. The person responsible for privacy & security is Mr Andy Walker at Your Personal France Ltd, who can be contacted via email here.